Wireless Project – As you may or may not have already heard, OSUWeb.net is currently working to deploy an 802.11b wireless network on main campus.
Click here for our coverage areas.
More areas are currently being deployed and this page will be updated with the information.
To see where we currently are in our deployments, please click here.
We have negotiated a site-license agreement with Meetinghouse Data Communications so that customers with non-Cisco and non-Airport wireless cards have the ability to get online.
We have tested the following cards, and know that they can get online
We have tested the following cards, and know that they work:
- Cisco 340 (LEAP capable without Meetinghouse Client)
- Cisco Aironet 350 (LEAP capable without Meetinghouse Client)
- Orinoco Gold
- Linksys WPC11 (version 3)
- Linksys WMP11 (version 1.1)
- Xircom CreditCard 1130 (LEAP capable without Meetinghouse Client)
- Apple Airport (with Airport software version 2.0 or better)
- Linksys WMP54G
- Linksys WPC54G
- Intel Centrino
- Netgear WG511
- Netgear USB Adapter WG111 (54 Mbps)
The following cards will not work:
- Linksys WUSB12
- Belkin F5D6020SMC
- Belkin F5D6020
- Any card with 40 or 64 bit encryption.
Before attempting to get online, please make sure that your wireless card is fully installed, and properly working.
Then, to access the network with a windows computer please click here, or, if you are using a Macintosh, please click here.
If you have questions, please contact OSUWeb.net Customer Support at email@example.com.